Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pleez reed theez!!

stop animal abuse

Monday
I was born yesterday no eyes no ears
but I still can feel
my mom licks me clean and pushes me to feed
and I go and eat and then I sleep
________________________________
Two weeks later
I can barely see
but there is nothing but mom and me
and my siblings that can also see
no light no smushy faces that my mom
said there would be
no room to move around
no things we can explore
and that’s all nothing more
_______________________________
Four weeks later
Me and my siblings
want to play
no room and to hungry
so all we do is sit and plea
now we are on wire floors
but not all our
poop goes through so we have
get it between our aching toes
we smell it all the
cages all around us
_____________________________
Six weeks later
Most of my siblings are all gone
the man said I will stay
they take me from my mom
and put me in a different cage
it is the same
no light no room and barely any air
I stay there
never to leave until I breed
_______________________________
Tuesday
It has been so long sense I was glad
they are now moving me to a bigger cage
I think they are loving me by giving me more room
but then they put a another dog
and between the two still no room to move
I came in heat feels so weird
then the dog and I breed
and my stomach gets so big

________________________________
Two weeks later
I am so sad my tummy hurts
it is so hungry feeding all the things inside me
hope they survive on little food I get
please stop this I cannot stand it
when will I get a break
my story is so sad why does it have to happen
_______________________
Four weeks later
I am getting fat
my tummy hurts even more
and I am so big not enough
I cannot turn around
I hope my puppies will not live
I don’t want them
to go through
all the things that I did
it is so hard to feel all the things I do
towards the things I love the most
but please do not let them live
let them go into forever peace with me
___________________________
Six weeks later
I know I will have my puppies soon
and that they are alive
I am being moved again and
this one has some room
it has a wet blanket on the wooden floor
more food and water
what will they do to me now
I do not trust the smushy faces of this world
I hear another dog right next to me
in another cage
I think it is my mother cannot really tell
____________________________
Wednesday
I had my puppies yesterday
they cannot see and cannot hear
I push them to feed
so little milk they cannot tell
that I cannot barely feel
_____________________________
Two weeks later
There eyes are open but they are so big now
there is barley any room
no toys for them to play with
and no room to explore
I wish that I could kill them all for
that they will never go through all this
sadness that I feel
___________________________
Four weeks later
All the puppies are big now
they want to run and play but instead
all they get to do is sit in there poop
all night long they yelp and plea
but no one comes to say
you will be fine little ones
but that is something I cannot say
______________________________
Six weeks old
A arm opens the cage I try
to keep my puppies away
they are curious of the smushy faces
they go to smell him
and he picks one up
and I try to bite him
and he throws me against the cage
he pick all up except one
and gives them to someone
and then picks up my only
left and says "you stay"
__________________________
The cycle
The cycle starts again
I tried my hardest but
it still happened to my puppies
I have failed
I cannot stop it
no one can
____________________
The rescue
I lay there waiting
wondering where is my food
will I starve to death
or eat my poop
my cage opens and I hide
waiting for the water and food
but instead a hand reaches in I tried
to run from it but caught me
I wonder what they will do to me now
but instead someone holds me and pets my head
I hear the words we will find you a home
and right that second
right that moment
my heart starts to love again
__________________________________
That very day
I still can barely belive
I had a bath and more food
They but me in a big clean room
With only one other dog it is not a male
We have toys and I learn that she is my puppy
It takes so long for me to trust
But finally, eventually
I know my love is here to stay
_____________________________________
Six months later
I am happy with my family
They took me in
and so much room
I can barely belive
I get to go outside
with the big warm sky
I still rember my life before
But know I will never go back
I still get scared sometimes
Have nightmares and
And I scream but now when I wake up
Someone olds me close
Comforts me and it is so hard to belive

Poem by: Bug

No comments: